The financial market is the money-regulating market of an economy. It manages the financial resources of an economy. It consists of firms and investors who provide money to commercial sectors. Revenue from the financial sector is generated through loans and mortgages with low-interest rates.
Money is an important aspect of the financial sector. Our relationship with money has evolved due to its dynamic nature and will continue to change. We have come a long way from the barter system to a physical form of currency and now to a cashless economy.
Technology will change the future! Artificial Intelligence and machine learning will include everything from chatbots to automated management of expenses and funds. Users will have twenty-four hours of services available to them in the comfort of their homes.
We can expect a lot of transformative trends in the future. Let’s take a look at these trends!
What Does The Future Hold? FinTech!
The next big thing we can expect in the financial sector is fintech. With the digitalization of financial services, fintech is promoting economic development.
Fintech refers to any innovation that allows businesses to move forward, improve their process and utilize financial services. Fintech will support many other technologies such as blockchain, cryptocurrency, machine learning, bitcoin, etc.
Fintech has evolved the financial sector. It has formed a basis for how we manage our funds. This technology will help us in getting loans easily. It would also simplify the investment banking industry.
Fintech has ‘disrupted’ traditional financial sectors. It is due to the fintech technology that you can deposit amounts to your bank accounts using your smartphones. Most of the startups currently are working with fintech technology.
Fintech is an adapter of consumer services using chatbots, AI technology, and voice assistants in the financial sector to serve consumers with basic tasks. Fintech also helps maintain privacy in the financial sector, which ultimately helps in reducing overall costs.
We will see fintech and banks working closely together in the future. Here’s why:
• Technological Variation: Banks could use fintech technology to extend their creditworthiness. It also helps in reducing the need for repetitive work and save cost.
• Customer Satisfaction: Fintech is faster, more efficient, and helps in reducing costs. AI technology assists consumers in improving their services by reducing financial risk.
• Security: Fintech helps improve the financial sector’s safety and privacy concerns. It helps in securing complex technological data.
• Online Applications: Digital devices will help in mobile networking, phone wallets, digital payments, insurance, etc. It would help in speedy transactions and provide information on a real-time basis.
• Simplifying complicated tasks: Fintech would help banks simplify tasks such as recording, budgeting, and maintaining records easier.
There are several other areas in the financial sector where fintech will play a dominant role. Some of these are providing financial services. With fintech, they can avail themselves of such services without undergoing thorough banking procedures. Fintech will be a saviour to those who do not have access to banks to take advantage of financial services.
Fintech will also change people’s opinions of the financial sector. More transparency in this sector will help develop the people’s trust and make them understand how and where their money is going. Along with this, it will also make the securities in the financial sector more affordable to the underserved population as compared to traditional financial institutions.
It also helps competitors to have a first-mover advantage by making online banking a mode of payment, using new technology, and reinventing their business model. Also, fintech is opening a new landscape for the financial sector by opening new securities, involving more opportunities for lenders and investors.
Blockchain – Opportunities and Future
Blockchain technology is secure and transparent, allowing all parties digital access. Blockchains cannot be hacked and can be used to store important data. This technology is less prone to human errors. Blockchain has started to gain significant importance in the financial sector. Businesses must stay updated with blockchain technology to have the edge over competitors.
Blockchains are expected to be used in various fields and domains. But what are these fields? Let’s find out.
1. Finance Sector: This technology helps track various securities traded in the financial sector. The transactions are reliable. You will see the government having blockchain technology to have more effective rules in the financial sector by tracking inflows and outflows of cash in the economy.
2. Cyber Security: Blockchains will be used for high-end governmental purposes as it is almost impossible to hack into the system. It maintains safety and will make the economy corruption free. The data entered is encrypted, making it difficult for cybercriminals to steal it.
3. Cloud Storage: Cloud storage is a model that allows you to store information online. Blockchain allows users to keep track of information. In the future, you will observe decentralized cloud storage with web three performance. Hence blockchain is a solution to the problems of cloud storage.
4. Supply Chain Management: Supply chain is an important aspect of the financial sector. Blockchain could help maintain employers’ records, wages, and expenses and minimize human error.
5. Data Management: Blockchain will help organize and sort data of the financial sector and government organizations. It will enhance the process of how various entities function.
Blockchain will rule the financial sector in the future. It includes cryptocurrency, bitcoins, Ethereum, dogecoins, etc. Let’s have a look at these.
Future Of Cryptocurrency
A cryptocurrency is a modern-day digital form of money created using encrypted algorithms. Cryptocurrency has a leading role in the financial sector. They function as a digital accounting system. A major feature of crypto is that it is not controlled by any national government and can be circulated without the central bank’s authority.
Common examples of cryptocurrency are bitcoin, monero, dogecoin, etc.
The financial sector will have two types of cryptocurrencies predicted to function at a large scale in the future. They are bitcoins and Ethereum.
Bitcoins are a type of digital currency and speculative investment. It has a finite supply and allows transactions to be made from anywhere worldwide. It has no control over the central bank.
Ethereum is a decentralized platform with a global network shared with the general public. It runs all over the globe simultaneously. It helps in avoiding the restrictions imposed by a centralized network.
Significance Of Cryptocurrency Expected In The Future
- Regulatory Policies: Cryptocurrencies are highly volatile, which makes them a risky investment. Thus, investors are reluctant to invest. In the future, you can expect more guidelines and regulations to make the financial sector safer and protect it from cybercriminals. This will make the financial market more stable.
- Adoption of the Crypto market: More institutions in the financial markets would accept trading through cryptocurrency using bitcoins or dogecoin. Currently, Tesla has already started accepting dogecoin because they know the value of dogecoin in the financial market will increase at a tremendous rate in the future. Many fintech companies are also being incorporated to promote the adoption of cryptocurrencies. You will see companies like Amazon and big banks entering the financial markets.
- Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs): A NFT is a digital asset bought and sold online using cryptocurrency. It is unique and irreplaceable. Ethereum is used to make NFT payments. Today, close to a million accounts are buying and selling NFTS. This number will increase in the future, thus increasing the demand for cryptocurrency in the financial markets.
However, the crypto market will foresee a downfall in the future due to inflation; these digital assets will become a lot less worthy. Hence, they might be a risky investment in the future.
Will Cryptocurrency Replace Physical Money in the Future?
The answer is YES! Cryptocurrency will dominate the financial sector. You will see almost every big institution accepting cryptocurrency. You can pay using bitcoins for anything, from a cup of coffee to a computer or property.
Here is a list of a few items which you would be able to buy through cryptocurrency.
- Technology: Tech-based companies that sell their products online would accept cryptocurrency as a mode of payment.
- E-Commerce: Various e-commerce websites would also accept crypto. For instance, Overstock, an e-commerce website, started accepting bitcoin in 2014.
- Luxury Products: Luxury product retailers such as Titan and Rolex that sell high-end watches online will also have crypto as a mode of payment.
- Car Dealers: You can buy a vehicle using a crypto debit card that works like a normal debit card.
- Insurance: Insurance covers cryptocurrency and is also accepted as a mode of payment. You could pay the premium on various insurance companies using crypto.
Cryptocurrency is highly volatile and might become a barrier for people from investing. Both democrats and republicans believe that cryptocurrency does have a future. It will require stronger regulation from authorities. However, it can form the basis for a fairer economy.
Personalized and Intelligent Services
Digitalization of money links most of our activities through the online database. This information can be used to provide more personalized advice to people on where to invest money in the financial sector.
The spending power of individuals could be analyzed and make predictions about where the consumer will invest next and if they will exceed their credit limit before their paycheck. This will completely change the investing habits of people keeping it safer and more secure.
Such intuitive services would also give rise to finance applications allowing users to pay for things and manage personal funds. This will take the market share of dominant banks and financial institutions in the financial markets.
Will Stock Market Be A Game Changer?
Trading has become a new trend. Even teenagers have started investing in shares. They are making a huge profit through the share market. If the market keeps going at this rate, what can you expect in the future?
The future is uncertain; however, we can expect an increased demand for the stock market. People have a habit of saving and investing. Currently, people trade whenever they get time. But in the future, you will see trading as a full-time career. People would quit their jobs, and the financial sector will shoot up.
You will also observe the utilization of new AI-infused technology in the financial sector. Blockchains in the share market would make trading easier. Shares would be purchased through bitcoins and cryptocurrency, which would help in safer transactions.
People invest in the markets blindly, there is a lack of awareness, and everything works on speculation. But this will change in the future. Everyone will know the share market, where to invest, and how to make money. Stockbrokers in the financial markets will have huge demand.
You could expect the government to bring in more reforms which would ultimately help the equity market.
The financial sector will see rocketed growth in the future. We are speculating about the future, but we are sure that science and technology will majorly impact the financial sector.
Fintech will rule the financial sector. It would help save costs, reduce errors, and improve efficiency and effectiveness. Securities in the financial sector will be traded from anywhere worldwide with the help of fintech. Hence, fintech helps in reducing demographic and geographic barriers.
Investing in the financial sector could be a risky investment. Hence you would require thorough knowledge before investing. You will see a lot of awareness in this sector in the future. Stock market and cryptocurrencies will be taught at a secondary level, making students well acquainted with the modern-day financial sector.
Employment in the financial sector will hike. There will be a lot of job opportunities in the field of blockchain development. All the different fields will be taught in the financial sector: developer, project manager, consultant, quality engineer, architect, accountant, crypto broker, analyst, and much more!