AI has been emerging as one of the biggest and most successful technological advancements, and it has changed our lives for the better. It has been exerting its influence in most sectors of life, be it job, education, technology other lifestyle sectors.
As much as the general public is concerned over their professions being under threat due to AI, it would be a complete lie to say that they do not have their own set of benefits, or that they are not of convenience to human beings in general.
The future with AI is extremely bright and interesting in this respect. Let’s learn more about AI-Powered Virtual Reality Job Training And Education.
1. What is AI Technology?
AI which is an abbreviation used for Artificial Intelligence, is a computer-programmed robot or software that can perform human jobs and is said to “simulate” human intelligence. In this respect, AI can perform complex tasks that include learning, reasoning, optimisation, and other processes that involve decision-making.
The technology has developed over the years, and even though at this current juncture, they aren’t at their best, the programmers are trying their best to make AI as reliable as possible. At the same time ensure that its functions are of aid to the humans around.
1.1 Where Is It Used?
Several industries implement AI to enhance their techniques and improve their present circumstances. If AI becomes more credible and is implemented for the proper systems, it will improve the industries at large. Some of the industries that already use it are known as, Healthcare, Education, Gaming, Transportation, Finance, Manufacturing, Cyber security etc.
2. Jobs Training and Education:
In recent times, AI has been used for training people for jobs, and education through virtual reality. This is a recent innovation and in a way relaxes manpower.
Education and job training programs require a lot of manpower with good experience and knowledge that can be reliable because this knowledge will empower the upcoming group of people who depend on them for their education.
One cannot afford to slack off or be unsure of what they are imparting in this sort of setting. This applies to job training as well as education.
The collaboration between AI and Virtual Reality is believed to be one of the promising innovations of recent times. One of the recognised and helpful applications of this technology is job training and education.
The combination of these two forces has helped to revolutionise the process of individuals acquiring new skills, getting trained for jobs, polishing their talents, and getting them ready for reality.
2.1 How Does It Work?
AI-powered Virtual Reality job training starts by trying to enact a virtual scenario in which they try to imitate real-life situations that are associated with the job domain and the field of education.
This virtual reality is made accessible by making the scenarios immersive so that the replication seems as close to reality as possible and encourages interaction. This is done through headsets and other systems that are used in the process.
AI-powered Virtual Reality tries to display situations that are close to reality initiate challenges and introduce tasks that one might face in their jobs or their educational field. At the same time, the system tries to monitor the response of the learner and their performance. They keep track of the decisions made by the learner, and how that impacts the overall structure in the end.
This enables the system to provide feedback and broadens the scope for the learner to improve. One more benefit of this is that by monitoring the performance of the learner, the system gets enough idea about what the learner’s weakness is and therefore, they try to provide challenges and situations in coordination which will ensure to enhance the learner’s skills and proficiency levels.
Several big corporations have used this type of training for their employees to become fast learners and adapt themselves to the technology of their corporation. At the same time, it works also to enhance the skills of already existing workers, therefore propelling the company to heights of success and glory.
3.1 In Job Training:
AI-based job training models are emerging and it’s evolving the opportunities for improvement for the employees. AI used for job training means implementing machine learning formulas or using machine learning for training that will enhance the whole learning experience. AI along with Virtual Reality can make the learning process more efficient and creative.
- Firstly, AI functions in a way that the training programs and fields of study are in a manner customised as per the needs of the learner. This broadens the scope for learning and improvement.
- Secondly, AI with the help of automation can regulate tasks and assessments, and keep track of the progress of the learner. This gives the instructor enough time to focus on other activities, which require manpower.
- Thirdly, this reduces the cost of training and management and increases the availability of time. Simultaneously it also improves the quality of learning materials, further improving the learning process.
- Fourthly, AI paired with Virtual Reality is a more effective way of job training since it tries to display and simulate real-life circumstances as well as possible. This makes the process of learning more interactive, effective and exciting for the learners.
3.2 In Education:
AI has created quite an uproar in the education industry too. The developments in the methods of education have been revolutionary. The methods went from traditional to online learning through videos, digital courses, and finally virtual classrooms. The collaboration between AI and education with the addition of Virtual Reality is bringing about a change beneficial for the learners.
- Firstly, AI software can be designed to detect learning gaps because of a student’s past performances, and this will enable the students to improve their learning.
- Secondly, AI can be personalised and this way this can address the personal needs of the learner.
- Thirdly, AI can help students get answers to the questions they have in an instant.
- Fourthly, this also gives the students timely feedback on their performance.
- Fifthly, AI-powered Virtual Reality education is more interesting and spikes students’ enthusiasm for learning. They look forward to it and have better interaction.
- Lastly, this is time-saving and students can also learn in the comfort of their homes.
Even though AI-powered job training and Virtual Reality job training and education have several advantages, it is not fortunate enough to escape the disadvantages.
- Cost- AI-powered virtual reality systems are difficult to set up and expensive. They required a lot of time and energy. At the same time, it may also be difficult to manage the cost of AI-powered Virtual Reality systems. The software is a lucrative investment in itself, in addition, some costs are spent on the management and maintenance of the software.
- Requires professionals to monitor– AI power VR systems are complex and may need professionals and technicians to run maintenance, and take care of other issues such as troubleshooting. This may lead to organisations and educational institutions relying on this software to invest more in recruiting professionals who are efficient in dealing with AI VR systems.
- May not be accessible to all populations of people– AI VR systems require accessories such as headsets or earphones to give a full-fledged experience to the learners. The absence of these accessories may lead to unequal accessibility of education or training, and may not be of much help to people who do not have the apt resources for it.
- Not accurate representation of reality– AI VR systems try to replicate the real world as strongly as possible. However, in certain situations, they may fail to do it. In addition, VR may not provide an accurate representation of complex situations or situations that require more logical thinking. In such circumstances, VR cannot compare with real-life situations.
- Privacy and security concerns– The use of AI VR for education and job training requires a lot of information to be uploaded, which includes a lot of information that can pose a threat to their security and privacy.
- Too much dependence on AI VR systems– depending on AI VR systems completely for job training and education purposes will lead to overdependence on technology. This situation is not at all preferable because no matter how much the AI technology is developed, certain experiences cannot be gained fully if not interacted with the practical world.
If these disadvantages are tackled cleverly, it can maximise the dependability of AI.
5. The Present Situation of AI VR:
AI VR is a rising phenomenon impacting the populace around the globe largely. As mentioned before, it has seen a wide range of applications in the field of education and job training.
The use of AI VR in creating a replication of reality and using that scenario to train and educate learners. In this respect, several software and applications are in use these days to provide the best services to the public.
One may feel that nothing can compare to the experience of being trained in person, and even by a human, and that even might be true. However, at the same the condition of AI VR has been upgraded to such a strong level at this juncture, that it is fundamentally a significant part of education and job training.
Even though there is quite a bit that requires improvement and a lot of space for modification, the present circumstances are strong.
Many corporations and educational institutions have welcomed this new technology with open arms and trusted it to transform the lives of their students. In this regard, the future of AI VR also has a lot in store for all of us.
6. Future of AI VR:
The future of AI VR seems to be promising. The recent developments will see improvement and will be modified to a unique level. This means that the difficulties that the present situation of AI VR is going through will be effaced, and there will be more developments added.
- Firstly, the AI VR technology could be modified to a setting where the learners are allowed to initiate group activities or discussions which will facilitate team building.
- Secondly, it would be perfect for aspiring or enrolled medical students, since the technology will allow them to work on prototypes or replications of the physical body which will help them learn better.
- Thirdly, the option of remote education will be more widely available and more students will be able to access it. As a result, more people will be able to get the proper training and mentoring.
- Lastly, as mentioned before the future AI VR will be more accurate in terms of data tracking and giving real-time feedback and suggestions to the students and trainees to improve upon. Personalisation will also become much better, and this will further propel the students to higher levels in life.
AI VR has the capability of being revolutionary in the case of education and job training if the professionals implement them accurately, and can make the necessary changes to provide a lag-free mode of education and training.
In conclusion, AI coupled with VR has transformed the current situation of education and job training. This new revolution looks to sweep the fields as mentioned earlier and modify them to be much better in order to accommodate better facilities. Even with the underlying drawbacks the advantages of the technology are undeniable.
With simulations and real-time data tracking the present situation of AI VR is strong for providing the necessary training and education, and the traditional methods are challenged too. Furthermore, this new technology ensures the online availability of materials and therefore, allows options like distance learning.
In the future with more advancement, the professionals making efforts to better the technology won’t be a failure. Therefore, the world will get to face a more advanced version of AI VR with fixed bugs. This will also enhance the scope of AI VR and make it more accessible to the public.
Not only will it be a new experience and development in the field of science and technology, but will also be a bonus factor for the development of learning and training practices as well.
Even with drawbacks, that can be overcome this technology can be harnessed to its full potential and turn out to be a great factor for the world.